Address: Dunkeld West Centre, 279/281 Jan Smuts Avenue
|Flowers at Dunkeld|
|Roses at Dunkeld; Stems with blossoms adorning the table at a cocktail evening I had at my place|
- Use plain, lukewarm water for most cut flowers, but use cold water for bulb flowers, such as daffodils, hyacinths, and tulips.
- Change the water every 2 days - don't just top it off. This is the single most effective thing you can do to keep your flowers looking fresh!
- Keep flowers out of direct sunlight, and move them to a cool place at night.
- Give daffodils their own vase - daffodil stems give off a compound that is toxic to other flowers.
- Keep cut flowers away from fruit, which releases a gas that causes flowers to age faster.
How To Prolong Your Flowers Life:
|I used this mixture every second day for the blooms I bought last week Sunday and they're still looking gorgeous!|
Credit for tips to: Marion Owen, Co-author of Chicken Soup for the Gardener's Soul